Whip up this easy smoothie for a healthy breakfast. With coconut milk and no added sugar, this is as healthy as smoothies come.
Recipe by Brent Durnan. Photo by Sudipa Kadam.
- 1 small cup of mixed berries
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons of walnut
- 1/2 cup of Coco Mama Coconut Milk
- (Optional) 1 scoop of your favourite protein powder.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender
- Blend it well
- Allow it to rest for a minute
- Serve in a tall glass
Never finish a yummy meal without a dessert specially the ones with ripe and sweet yummy yellow fruit – Mangoes and what is best is to combine it with the richness of Coconut milk.
Recipe & Pic by – Lakshmi Sandeep
Beautifully ripe mangoes – 2 or 3 Large,
CocoMama Coconut Milk – 1 cup
Water – 1/2 cup
Gelatin powder – 1 tbsp
Sugar – If needed
Make a yummy mango puree by blending the rippen flesh of the mangoes in a food processor.
Add CocoMama Coconut milk to the mango puree and mix well. Refrigerate while we finish up the remaining recipe.
Dissolve the gelatin powder in a mixing bowl by adding warm water, once dissolved add sugar (as per taste) and dissolve it completely. The liquid is all set to be mixed with Mango & coconut puree. Garnish with desiccated or grated coconut.
Combine all and your yummy dessert is ready to be served…and don’t forget to chill 🙂
A beautiful and classic Tropical glass filled with mangoes & coconut milk- who has the doubt here !!
Spicy Prawn Curry complimented with the rich taste of coconut milk is the best way to enjoy a family Sunday lunch. Don’t take our word for that- try it out !
Oil , Onion Chopped, Ginger Garlic paste, Tomato paste or sliced
Turmeric powder, Red chilli powder, Coriander powder,Salt, Coriander leave, Curry leave
Coco Mama Coconut Milk
Prawns (fresh / thawed)
Heat a pan with a dash of Oil, add onions, ginger garlic paste,curry leaves and saute until brown. Add the spice mix,salt to taste and saute until oil separates out. Then add washed and cleaned prawns with a bit of water. Let it simmer for 5-7 mins. The best ingredient comes last- add CocoMama Coconut milk and bring to a boil.
Garnish with coriander leaves and ready to be served with rice or Malabar paratha !
Is there a Malayalam word for Bon appétit – that’s for you to find out !
This is a quick gin and tonic cocktail infused with naturally-sweet coconut water for a refreshing, healthier cocktail perfect for anytime of the year.
- 50 ml gin
- 50 ml Coco Mama coconut water
- 50 ml tonic water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Ice cubes
- Mint leaves (optional)
- Add ice to a serving glass
- Top it up with lime juice, gin, tonic water and coconut water
- Stir it
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve
This is a healthy beverage made with coconut milk and can be enjoyed any time during the year. It tastes best when served warm.
- 500 ml full fat Coco Mama coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Heat the coconut milk in a small saucepan on medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes
- Add ginger, turmeric, sea salt and pepper to the milk and gently whisk till it mixes well
- Add vanilla extract and whisk again to combine
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow it to cool a little
- While it is still warm add the maple syrup
- If you want it sweeter add a little more maple syrup
- Serve while it is warm
Coconut water jelly is a quick and easy to prepare dish. It can be enjoyed as a dessert in summer.
- 500 ml Coco Mama Coconut Water
- Sugar 1.5 table spoon
- 15 grams Gelatine powder
- 1 banana chopped in small pieces (optional)
- Add Coco Mama coconut water, sugar and gelatine powder to a saucepan
- Mix well
- Heat the mixture on a stove
- Bring it to a boil to dissolve the sugar and gelatine completely
- After the mixture dissolves transfer to a bowl
- Allow it to cool to room temperature
- Add the chopped banana pieces (optional)
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until it sets
- Transfer to a plate
- Cut and serve
Coconut rice is easy to cook and goes well with Thai and Indian dishes. This preparation uses Jasmine rice.
- 2 cups Jasmine rice
- 400 ml Coco Mama Coconut milk
- 1 and half cups of water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Rinse Jasmine rice several times till the water runs clear. Drain excess water and add it to a medium sized pot.
- Add Coco Mama coconut milk, water, salt and sugar to the pot of rice
- Bring the mixture to a boil on high heat
- Once the mixture starts to boil, bring down the heat to low
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes
- Uncover after 20 minutes and cook for 5 minutes
- Turn off stove, wait for a couple of minutes and then serve.